Wednesday, December 28, 2011

peanut butter oatmeal cookies

Before I go and post yet *another* cake on this blog, I thought I'd mix it up a bit, and talk about these cookies I made for my work's cookie swap earlier in the month.

I had great intentions of making these, or if they failed, these, but both cut-out recipes didn't pass muster. So at the very last minute, I whipped these oatmeal peanut butter cookies and gave them some Christmas bling with a pretty red ribbon.


I doubled the recipe, and got the four dozen cookies that I needed, plus a couple for quality control. The original recipe also includes a peanut butter filling to make sandwich cookies that I highly recommend. So freaking good!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe source: Rara Bakes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal

Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
Add baking soda, salt, baking powder, and flour. Stir. Fold in oatmeal.
Scoop out tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes or until edges lightly brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then move cookies to a cooling rack.


I'm thinking we should change the formula for our cookie swap next year... We were 9 participating, so we decided to make 1/2 dozen cookies per person... but that's still a lot of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(