Sunday, June 17, 2012

chocolate pudding cups

I'm not a big fan of graham cracker crusts. I don't like crumbs in general, and the graham cracker crusts that I make, always fall apart on me (thinking of *you* magic bars that are impossible to cut or eat cleanly). So I was only mildly interested  in this week's recipe for Baked Sunday Mornings, Aunt Sabra King's pudding bars. They sound intriguing, but really, it's just a spiked chocolate pudding on a graham cracker crust.


So I made the crust in individual molds, and in the chocolate pudding, I used Frangelico instead of Whisky, since that's what I had on hand. I started eating the delicious pudding on its own, but eventually paired it with the graham cups I had made and was very surprised at how much it added to the dessert. They were nice and chewy, and not at all crumbly! I'm assuming the massive amount of butter that went into the crumbs had something to do with it!

For the recipe and to see how the other members of the group fared with this one, visit the Baked Sunday Mornings site!

5 comments:

  1. Great photo! Yours look like they held together so much better than mine. I bet they were tasty with the Frangelico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED these too - especially the pudding. Love your straight-sided mold too - elegant! So many people like graham cracker crusts - you can't go wrong. And yes, you need SOMETHING alcoholic in these - made the pudding extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to know that the graham cracker crusts can be removed easily from the pan. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great - I was surprised how much we enjoyed these, too. Like you - I cannot imagine trying to cut these out "cleanly" from a large pan! But, the individual desserts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, Frangelico was such a good idea! I love your straight-sided molds too! These look soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(