Friday, June 28, 2013

chocolate cake with cream cheese-sour cream frosting

 My niece's birthday and my mother-in-law's birthday are just a day apart. My niece requested a lemon meringue strawberry shortcake cake and I also wanted to bring a chocolate cake for my mother-in-law.


So I made my standard chocolate cake and sandwiched the two layers with a thick layer of this new-to-me chocolate frosting. It's a combination of butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, melted chocolate and sour cream. And it's delicious. Like eat it with a spoon delicious!

Chocolate frosting with cream cheese and sourcream
recipe source : Annie's Eats

9.5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
6 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
4 tbsp. unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup plus 1 tbsp. sour cream

Melt the chocolate and set aside to cool until just barely warm. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Beat in the melted chocolate and then the sour cream. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and well blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(