Friday, September 6, 2013

jam filled muffins

These muffins taste like my childhood. My mom used to make them often when I was a child, and I have been craving them for a while now, ever since I made strawberry jam I think. I just knew I had to use the jam in these muffins.


But I couldn't find my falling-apart Muffins Mania recipe book to save my life. So I asked my mom for a copy of the recipe and finally got to kill my craving.

Tasted just like a remembered them! A moist vanilla scented muffin with a jam center. And I still had some leftover crumble topping from back when I made Strawberry Swirled Muffins, so I went ahead and topped the muffins with some of the crumble topping. Added a nice crunch and extra texture to the muffins.



Jam Filled Muffins
Recipe source: Muffins Mania

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
jam or jelly

Preheat oven to 375.

Blend dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, yogurt and milk. Beat in egg and vanilla.

Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.

Spoon half of the batter into 9 well greased muffin cups. Place about 1 tsp jam or jelly in each muffin and top with remaining batter.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.


This recipe only makes 9 muffins, but they don't keep very well. So find a few friends, and devour as soon as they are cool enough to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(